Friday, October 27, 2017

Purple Transferware Wall Display and Floral Arrangements



The purple transferware collection I have amassed is displayed in our dining room.
The latest bowl was picked up at Matthew Mead's Estate Sale last weekend, and it 
is a piece made by Wedgwood.  Quite old and it bears a few chips, it is lovely nonetheless
and for now it sits in a stand where I can admire it front and center.  It was the only piece I 
spotted and I was surprised to even find it at his sale, as I know he has a fondness for the purple
stuff himself.  His mother has a purple transferware dinner set herself, and Matthew grew up dining 
off of these pretty dishes, as I am doing now with my kids and family.  
 Since the wedding has passed, so have all of the beautiful floral arrangements, and I 
have to say I really missed having the gorgeous bouquets in our rooms.  I think flowers bring
a room to life, and I can tell you they are the number one decorating weapon for magazine and book
photo shoots.  The rooms look lifeless without them.  I found myself in Trader Joes and picked up 
 two separate bouquets that had the color purple in common. One even had a stalk of decorative kale
and pincushion flowers, and you just can't beat the price at Trader Joes.  So treat yourself and your
rooms with a bouquet and get a lift everytime you walk by....I know I do. 
 The floral arrangements for our DIY wedding were not DIY, but I think I could have 
made a good effort if I had needed to do so.  Either way, the table was lifeless without the flowers, and when I saw these pics I snapped the morning of the wedding. They were loaded in my camera
and I haven't seen them since.  I think the tables looked so pretty.  

So don't forget to treat yourself to some flowers, whether its the 
supermarket or a florist or your own backyard.
Heading into the weekend with this "tip".  
Get flowers. Enjoy. Relax. 


 photo signature_zpsxi5q1w6r.png

5 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful in it's new home. Chips and craving don't bother me. It's the character of dishes used with love.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I love flowers in the house. Wish we had a Trader Joe's here!!! The wedding flowers were just gorgeous!!
    One of my favorite bits of poetry ever:
    “If thou of fortune be bereft,
    and in thy store there be but left
    two loaves, sell one, and with the
    dole, buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.”
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dining room's so beautiful - it looks like a dream! I hung blue + white plates in our main + the half bath (is that strange?), + I am going to inherit a red/rose transferware set of our grandmother's.
    My heart says kitchen, but my head says whoa -- too much! ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always admired your beautiful purple transferware. It looks gorgeous in your home. I know that you must treasure your new Matthew Mead piece. You are so right, flowers do brighten a room wonderfully. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had adored your gorgeous floral arrangements that you made for the wedding. So happy that you found that purple transferware platter...looks fantastic with your collection. Yes, flowers just makes a house smile!! Love making my weekly trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on flowers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...