Thursday, June 16, 2011

Empire Valance

 A pretty bathroom with old world style is about to get 
a window treatment called an Empire Valance.
 The Empire Valance has folded swag parts with bells or cones. 
This bathroom had poor lighting and it was difficult to capture how beautifully
it all looked when we finished.
 This formal valance goes nicely with the elements in the room.



 This is an accurate image of the fabric which was a taupe and sea mist combination.
Most of the images show this to be darker than it really is.
 The walls have a Ben Moore metallic gold finish.
 This bathroom is just beautiful!
I made this custom cushion  for her kitchen office space.
My favorite room is her kitchen~I just love everything about it.
The chandys, the hardware, the cabinets...
I made this silk valance for her last year.
 The fabric is a bronze silk embroidered with bumble bees.
This is a Relaxed Roman shade.
Handsome hood over the cook top. 
Double iron and crystal chandeliers and creamy ivory cabinets.
I started snapping pics...
then we decided we would "straighten out" the counters...
beautiful either way!
Just lovely!
 Custom treatments for a wonderful home.


19 comments:

  1. Amy the curtains are beautiful and I just LOVE her kitchen!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Amy. You did a wonderful job and I love her kitchen too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love the kitchen too...those chandeliers are great in there!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous home and i love those window treatments!!! Oh that's my kitchen :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the window treatments you created in both rooms. But I really love that kitchen! Really nice. I especially like the valance in the kitchen. That is how I like my window covers...so that the top part of the window is uncovered. I'm trying to figure out something like that for my office/den.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I love her kitchen, too, Amy! This would be exactly the type of thing I'd like in my next house ~ chandy's and all! Great valance for the bathroom, it really suits it. I love her light fixture in there, even though it is not good for pictures. It reminds me a little of your new light!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bathroom and love the window treatment. Can you give me more details of the wall treatment please...I love the effect ?!

    Janie
    Romantic Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! You did an outstanding job on those window treatments. Love the granite color in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bathroom valance is gorgeous, such a beautiful room. I am with you, a stunning kitchen. I could live there very happily. Love the valance you did for the kitchen window also. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is gorgeous! Love the bathroom and her kitchen! Good job on the silk window treatment!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never have thought to hang a kitchen valance down on the window, exposing the top a bit. Love that! I have only one window in my kitchen and I'm going to do just this when I remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful kitchen....loving every inch of it.....I would even like doing dishes in there...

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that curtain in the bath - I love a nice formal bathroom - I'm fantasizing getting ready for the ballet in there - or somewhere equally posh, under that beautiful chandelier. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful handiwork!!! I love that seat cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great job- I wish I could sew like you do! The valance fits the bathroom perfectly. I wish I could make out the wall detail better....sounds intriguing, but I know how hard it is to take good pics in small rooms like that
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job, Amy! You're right, the formal aspect of the empire valance goes great with this bathroom. And her kitchen is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Amy,
    You have to fall in love with a chandy in a bathroom!

    Lovely treatments...well done.
    I'm sure she is very happy with your designs.

    Have a great weekend

    janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the gingham cushion in the office! So cute!
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...